In 1958, a scientist named William Higinbotham created "Tennis for Two." The game was never commercially released because it was meant to be an electrical experiment rather than an actual video game. By the late 1970s—when personal computers started to become widely available—the computer game industry started to take shape and grow along with the advancement of computing technology and, eventually, the Internet. In 2007, the computer and video game industry took in roughly USD$9.5 billion in the US alone.
Nowadays, many US based game developers and publishers face growing demand—but also competition—from outside the US and have to make their games available in more than just English.
Full-Service Games Localization and Translation Solutions
Originally founded in 1968, ENLASO was at the forefront to support multilingual solutions for the rapidly growing games industry. Today, our company provides full-service translation and localization, internationalization, and testing solutions that enable games developers and distributors to focus on their core competencies.
ENLASO has proven methodologies and ISO-certified processes in place that ensure the successful execution for each and every project. Our company partners with leading games developers and distributors to help them cost-effectively produce multilingual versions of their games.
Over the years, ENLASO has gained invaluable games localization expertise and our dedicated games localization specialists are able to offer a full range of services to games developers and publishers alike. Whether you are looking to localize handheld games, console games, computer-based games, mobile games, or arcade based video games, ENLASO provides you with a customized games localization strategy that will fit your budget, quality-expectations, and deadline.
ENLASO’s games localization specialists offer all the services you require and expect from a one-stop-shop games localization vendor, including:
- Internationalization and localization consulting.
- Localization engineering.
- Dedicated games translation and localization teams.
- Localization of console games such as Microsoft Xbox, Nintendo GameCube, and Sony PlayStation.
- Localization of computer-based games for Windows and Macintosh.
- Mobile games localization including cell phones, Nintendo DS and Game Boy, Nokia N-Gage, Sony PSP, as well as PDAs and other portable devices.
- Localization of arcade based video games.
- Multilingual voice-over recording.
- Graphics localization.
- Multilingual user-interface and website localization.
- Quality assurance and testing services.
- Translation and localization of print materials including packaging and user manuals.
- Marketing localization and consulting.
Our dedicated team of games localization specialists includes: internationalization specialists, engineers, publishers, quality assurance and testing personnel, as well as multilingual project managers.
ENLASO works with highly dedicated linguistic teams of games subject matter specialists to best replicate and convey the branding element along with the look and feel of your multilingual games.
Our company has proven experience in supporting as many as 109 languages including the following core languages:
- French (France and Canada)
- Spanish (all locales)
- Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil)
- Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Korean, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, and Finnish.
Quality Assurance (QA) and Localization Testing
ENLASO can assist you with all of your functionality and localization testing, including:
Internationalization (I18n) testing
The verification process to make sure that a game is properly enabled for localization.
Usually performed by professional testing engineers, ensures that the functionality of the localized game, in the target operating systems and user environments, compares to the source user interface.
Linguistic verification testing
A linguistic subject matter expert runs through the localized game, reviewing each screen while comparing it with the source-language application.
ISO 9001:2008 Certified Games Localization, Translation, and Testing Services
ENLASO is an ISO 9001:2008 certified language service provider with documented quality and customer service processes. Email us at Contact@enlaso.com or call us at 303.516.0857 x127 to request more information about our internationalization and localization solutions.