ENLASO’s solutions architect, Yves Savourel, literally wrote the book on “XML Internationalization and Localization.” Yves helped found the standard specification for XLIFF and other XML standards.
XML is becoming increasingly visible in the localization arena due to its ability to simplify content creation and to constrain the amount of new content that requires translation. The average customer finds it difficult to track evolving XML standards and determining which ones are ready for “Prime Time” Implementation.
- Through content analysis and other techniques, our consultants can help determine what the best XML solution is for you.
- We can design your XML application, or advise you on how to standardize content with multi-purpose elements to make your content more flexible.
- We can help you design your XML DTDs or schemas so your documents are truly internationalized, to simplify the localization process and bring down costs.
- We can provide you with best practices guidelines on how to author XML documents with localization in mind.
- The emerging new Internationalization Tag Set (ITS) specification at the W3C can be difficult to understand. We can help you maximize its use for your XML data.
- The localization industry uses several XML-based formats such as TMX and XLIFF. Our consultants can help you design solutions and workflow that use them effectively.
Click here for more expert advice on XML with Yves Savourel's paper on "XML I18N with Internationalization Tag Set."